healthy wheat banana bread
guys, I am so obsessed with banana bread, it is not even funny. i made this loaf & straight up cut it up and put in in everything – yogurt (almond-milk), granola, covered with raw honey as a desert, plain slices for breakfast…. it makes me so happy, I had to share!
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/3 c coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons of aquafaba
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ** optional
- 1/2 c brown sugar or raw honey (I didn’t use any)
now, you’re probably wondering… what on earth is “aquafaba”? well, it is the strange, thick liquid that accompanies your can of beans! it has a nice “combining” effect for the bread, it’s amazing! I used the aquafaba from a can of chick peas, but I’m sure you could use any bean. you probably have this stuff in your cupboard right now!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 4×8 bread loaf pan
- in a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. stir in the coconut oil (make sure it’s melted), aquafaba & vanilla. combine.
- then add the dry ingredients! mix well.
- pour the batter into the prepared pan. bake for 45-55 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- remove & allow to cool before serving!