I love making smoothies full of frozen, steamed veggies! You can’t even taste them but it helps to reduce the sugar in your smoothies while also packing them full of nutrients.
I tend to be sensitive to too much raw veggies and too much sugar (even fruit sugar!) with my leaky gut… This smoothie feels so healing to the gut if you’re similar to me in that way. Also, who doesn’t love eating veggies and not even knowing they are doing it?! I always feed smoothies like this to my baby. Kid friendly, gut friendly, everything friendly.
Also – no added sugar!
- 12-16 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c frozen steamed cauliflower
- 4 frozen zucchini chunks (1 inch)
- 1/4 c frozen mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 c frozen spinach
- 1/3 frozen banana
- 1 c frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- dash cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients on high in a high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes or until combined. Add more liquid for a thinner smoothie, and more frozen cauliflower to thicken to liking!
- Top with favorite seeds, nuts, granola or fruit.