I loooove pesto. But ever since eating dairy free I’ve been missing it dearly. I’ve made pesto many different ways & usually it calls for pine nuts as the base but pine nuts are expensive and harder to find so I like this recipe using cashews. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 c fresh basil
- 1/2 c fresh spinach
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1/4 c raw walnuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- put all ingredients into a food processor and blend, scraping down the sides several times and continue blending until smooth consistency.
- add more oil or lemon juice if too dry and add herbs to taste.
- enjoy on some pasta, pizza, or with a spoon 😉 hehe
Hope you like! xoxo