Looking for jam for you & the kiddies that isn’t full of refined sugar or high fructose corn syrup, and most importantly is easy to make?! Me too! That is why I decided to start making my own jam. Although it might seem a little more pricey than your every day smuckers, I’ve been able to find quality ingredients at my local walmart that are inexpensive but still organic – giving just an extra dose of healthy to this delicious jam. I’ve made waaaay too many pb&j’s since I made this & I don’t even regret it hehe.
- 2 c frozen raspberries (organic is best)
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw honey *optional
- Place a small pot over medium heat. Add raspberries, lemon juice, lemon zest & raw honey. Stir until mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce to low heat & allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Raise heat back to medium, until mixture begins to bubble again. Allow to bubble for 3-5 minutes, until mixture seems to begin to thicken.
- Remove from heat & stir in chia seeds
- Allow mixture to cool before pouring into a glass container (not plastic)
- Will keep refrigerated for 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months for best results.
I hope you enjoy! Xoxo